Aircraft Composite Repair
The Aircraft Composite Repair course takes place over ten working days. The emphasis is on the practical aspects of composite structural repair . Delegates will be given some initial theory to enable them to work safely and to appreciate the reasons for the choice of repair materials and technique. All of the essential study and reading material will be provided in the form of printed notes.
Who will benefit from this course?
This is essential training for anyone involved in the maintenance and repair of advanced composite aircraft components. Recognised by the major airlines and maintenance organisations, both in the UK and abroad.
- Materials Selection
- Choice of repair method
- Damage assessment
- Standard repair procedures
- Interpretation of manufacturers ' structural repair methods
and repairs carried out in the practical sessions include
- Monolithic structural repair
- Sandwich construction structural repair
- Puncture repair
- Curved panel and edgeband repair
- Repairs involving the use of custom made tooling
- Use of both wet lay-up and pre-preg materials
in other words enough practical experience to tackle most common types of damage to aircraft composite structures
Click here for full details of the Aircraft Composite Repair course